The hectic lifestyle of today’s times leaves us with little time to slow down and pamper these bodies we push to the limit every day. And believe it or not, feet are one of the most neglected parts of the body when it comes to caring and de-stressing. For having a pair of beautiful legs, you need to pay attention to the feet too. Chapped heels and chipped toenails are frankly an eyesore when the rest is so groomed and well-dressed. So here are a few nifty techniques of giving yourself a nice pedicure at home to have those perfect, soft feet.
METHOD 1- The Basic Pedicure
- Fill up a basin with warm water; add a little olive oil to make your skin uber soft. You can also add a few drops of an essential oil such as rosemary or eucalyptus. Soak your feet in the water, and luxuriate for 20 minutes.
- Scrub your feet with a loofah to do away with the dead skin. Scour your heels gently using a pumice stone.
- Remove any nail polish, if you haven’t already. Scrub away the dead skin using a scrub brush or a foot scrub.
- Slather your feet with a nice, organic lotion. The mantra of healing those calluses and cracked heels is lots and lots of moisture.
- Cut your toenails straight across, and then buff them with a nail file. Rub a drop of almond or olive oil into each toenail and cuticle for nice, shiny toes.
METHOD 2- Lemon and Honey Pedicure
- Remove any nail polish, and cut and file your toenails.
- Massage some moisturizing cream on the nails. Soak them for 15 minutes in a tub of hot water containing a little herbal shampoo, lemon slices and marigold petals.
- Clean the nails with a nail brush, and use a pumice stone to scour the heels. Pat dry. Tend to the nails with a cuticle pusher.
- Rub the lemon slices on the skin to remove tan. Pat dry with a towel.
- Use a loofah to scrub away dead skin. Mix 2 tsp each of honey and moisturizing cream and massage into the skin. Wipe off with steamed towels. Done!
METHOD-3: The Luxury Pedicure
- Remove any residual nail polish from your toenails. Cut them straight across, and file them in your desired shape.
- Fill a tub with warm water. Add half a cup of Epsom salt, some essential oil, lemon slices, flower petals and smooth pebbles or marbles for the ultimate pedicure experience. Soak for a nice twenty minutes. Don’t forget to put on some relaxing music while you soak! Pat dry with a towel
- Massage cuticle cream on the base of toenails. Scrub your skin using a pumice stone firmly but gently. Remove the cuticle cream and push in your cuticles. Scrub your nails using an old toothbrush.
- Use a foot scrub to exfoliate your feet. Apply it in circular motion on the whole feet. Once you are satisfied, rinse it off.
- Use a heavy moisturizer on your feet, ankles and calves for the ultimate rejuvenating experience.
- For ultra soft feet, generously slather moisturizer on your feet. Put on cotton socks and leave it on overnight. The result? Gorgeous feet that will be the envy of every women you know.